Directeur de Recherches CNRS
Toulouse Mathematics Institute
Paul Sabatier University
118 route de Narbonne
31062 TOULOUSE Cedex 9
E-mail : email@example.com
Complex algebraic geometry
Homogeneous spaces and representations of algebraic groups
Séminaire Méditerranéen de
Géométrie Algébrique, next meeting in Montpellier, March 25-26, 2020 (Delayed).
A very brief CV
1984: Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris
1987: Agrégation de Mathématiques (1st ex aequo)
1989: Chargé de Recherches CNRS at the Fourier
1992: PhD Thesis (advisor : J.P. Demailly)
1995: Habilitation à diriger des recherches
Jacques Herbrand Prize of the French Academy of Sciences
2001: Promoted Directeur de Recherches, second class
2010: Promoted Directeur de Recherches, first class
2014: Centre de Recherches Mathématiques, Montréal
2015: Marseilles Mathematics Institute
2017: Toulouse Mathematics Institute.
Vladimiro Benedetti (2015--2018),
Special subvarieties of homogeneous spaces.
Vladimiro has a postdoc position at the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris.
Roland Abuaf (2010--2013),
Around homological projective duality and non commutative resolutions
Roland spent two years on a postdoc position at Imperial College (London) with Richard Thomas,
and was for one year a postdoc fellow of the IHES.
He is now teaching in Classes Preparatoires in Paris.
Mateusz Michalek (2008--2012), Phylogenetic models and toric varieties ,
codirected with Jarek Wisniewski.
Mateusz is now Research Group Leader
at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig.
Clélia Pech (2008--2011), On the quantum cohomology of odd symplectic
Clélia has a Lecturer position at the University of Kent.
Michaël Le Barbier (2005-2009), Varieties of reductions for reductive
algebraic groups , codirected with
Ion Mihai (2002-2005), Odd symplectic flag varieties.
The results of Ion's thesis
are partially published in the paper
Odd symplectic flag manifolds,
Transformation Groups 12, 573-599 (2007).
Chaput (2000-2003), Geometry of some algebras and vanishing theorems.
Pierre-Emmanuel is Full Professor in Nancy.
My complete publication list is available here.
The double Cayley Grassmannian
19 pages, arXiv:2004.00313.
Topics on the geometry of homogeneous spaces
Notes for the Lecture Series in Algebraic Geometry, Morningside Center of Mathematics, Beijing, September 2019
21 pages, arXiv:2001.11865.
Nested varieties of K3 type
with M. Bernardara and E. Fatighenti, 41 pages, arXiv:1912.03144.
The small quantum cohomology of the Cayley Grassmannian
with V. Benedetti, 19 pages, arXiv:1907.07511, to appear in Int. J. Math.
The geometry of the Coble cubic and orbital degeneracy loci
with V. Benedetti and F. Tanturri, 24 pages, arXiv:1904.10848, to appear in Math. Annalen.
Gradings of Lie algebras, magical spin geometries and matrix factorizations
with Roland Abuaf, 15 pages, arxiv:1901.07252.
On a class of spaces of skew-symmetric forms related to Hamiltonian systems of conservation laws
with Jenya Ferapontov, arXiv:1810.12216.
On Fano complete intersections in rational homogeneous varieties
with Chenyu Bai and Baohua Fu, 19 pages, arXiv:1808.01549, to appear in Math. Zeitschrift.
Orbital degeneracy loci II : Gorenstein orbits
with V. Benedetti, S.A. Filippini, F. Tanturri, 40 pages, arXiv:1802.08430, to appear in IMRN.
Orbital degeneracy loci and applications
with V. Benedetti, S.A. Filippini, F. Tanturri, 36 pages, arXiv:1704.01436, to appear in Annali Scuola Normale di Pisa.
Invited conferences (since 2010)
- The geometry of algebraic varieties, CIRM Luminy, October 2019.
- Applied Algebraic Geometry, Berlin, October 2019.
- Lecture Series in Algebraic Geometry, Beijing, September 2019.
- Birational geometry and Fano varieties, Moscou, June 2019.
- Algebraic groups, Lyon, October 2018.
- VBAC 2018, CIRM Luminy, June 2018.
- Quantum cohomology and quantum integrable systems, Chicheley (UK), June 2018.
- Congreso RSME-UMA, Buenos Aires (Argentina), December 2017.
- Encuentro Hispano Cordobes, Cordoba (Argentina), December 2017.
- Vector bundles on algebraic varieties, Pohang (South Korea), November 2017.
- Journées du GDR TLAG, Clermont-Ferrand, September 2017.
- Periods and Ricci flat manifolds, Warsaw (Poland), September 2017.
- A school of Algebraic Geometry, Saint Petersbourg (Russia), July 2017.
- A conference in Algebraic Geometry, Teheran (Iran), April 2017.
- Holomorphic symplectic manifolds, Lille, March 2017.
- Geometry and Representation theory, Vienne (Austria), January 2017.
- Integrable Day, Loughborough (UK), November 2016.
- Kronecker coefficients, London, September 2016.
- Differential Geometry and its Applications, Brno (Czech Republic), July 2016.
- Classical Algebraic Geometry, Oberwolfach (Germany), June 2016.
- Indo-French conference of Mathematics, Mumbai (India), January 2016.
- Hyper-Kähler Manifolds and Related Structures in Algebraic and Differential Geometry, Levico Terme (Italy), November 2015.
- Workshop on Projective Algebraic Geometry (celebrating Fyodor Zak's 65th birthday), Moscow (Russia), September 2015.
- ANR CompA Meeting, ENS Lyon, June 2015.
- Algebraic Geometry and Applications to Physics and Dynamics, Saint Petersburg (Russia), May 2015.
- Combinatorics and complexity of
Kronecker coefficients, American Institute of Mathematics, Palo Alto
(USA), November 2014.
- Algebraic Geometry boot camp,
Simons Institute, Berkeley (USA), September 2014.
- Texas Geometry and Topology Conference, College Station (USA), October 2013
- Vector bundles days, Pau, April 2013.
- Symposium on Projective Algebraic Varieties and Moduli, Yeosu
(South Korea), February 2013.
- Hyperkähler Geometry, Stonybrook (USA), November 2012.
- Projective Geometry and Invariant Theory, Trento (Italy), September 2012.
- Classical Algebraic Geometry, Oberwolfach (Germany), June 2012.
- Derived categories, Dijon, May 2012.
- Holomorphic symplectic varieties and moduli spaces, CIRM Luminy, October 2011.
- Workshop on Complex Geometry, Beijing (China), April 2011.
- Workshop on Geometry of Projective Varieties, KIAS, Seoul (South Korea), April 2011.
- Quantum Motives, MPIM Bonn (Germany), September 2010.
- Algebraic Geometry, ICM Satellite Conference, Hyderabad (India), August 2010.
- Classical Algebraic Geometry, Oberwolfach (Germany), June 2010.
- Complex Algebraic Geometry, CIRM Luminy, January 2010.
Organization of conferences
- Séminaire Méditerranéen de
Géométrie Algébrique, previous meeting in Toulouse, October 16-17, 2019.
- Complex Analytic and Differential Geometry, a conference in honor of Jean-Pierre Demailly
on the occasion of his 60th birthday, Institut Fourier (Grenoble), 6-9 June 2017.
Complex Projective Geometry, Carry le Rouet, May 2016.
- Geometric Complexity Theory, Simons
Institute, Berkeley, September 2014.
- Quantum cohomology and quantum K-theory, Paris, January 2014.
- Gromov-Witten meting, Grenoble, October 2012.
- Holomorphic symplectic manifolds and moduli spaces, Grenoble, March 2012.
- Summer School and
Conference on Moduli Spaces
and Gromov-Witten theory, Grenoble, June-July 2011.